I’ve been getting all sorts of questions about medical cannabis and cancer that ultimately boiled down to
Does Cannabis Cure Cancer?
So, I decided that not only did I want to give you my point of view, but I also wanted to bring in the perspective of a world renowned doctor.
And that physician is Dr. Donald Abrams.
Dr. Abrams has done an extensive amount of research on medical marijuana and he’s been practicing as an oncologist (cancer doctor) for over 30 years!
He’s also not just any oncologist. He’s an oncologist with a focus on integrative medicine, which means that he…
“believe[s] people, especially those getting cancer treatments, really benefit from having both a Western diagnosis, as well as a whole-person approach. Good nutrition is an important part of the prescription, but other options are: fitness training, massage, acupuncture, herbs, biofeedback, meditation, guided imagery, integrative psychiatry, yoga, or tai chi.”
He completed his undergraduate studies at Brown University and his medical studies at Stanford University.
Impressive…right?!?! I thought so too!
After watching the video, you’ll walk away with answer to your question (Does Cannabis Cure Cancer?) given by both a medical marijuana doctor and a cancer doctor, both of whom have extensive knowledge and experience in their respective fields.
It really can’t get better than that!
Here are some of the questions I ask Dr. Abrams during this discussion…
- Research in cell cultures and in animals has shown that marijuana acts as an anti-cancer agent. How exactly? What’s marijuana doing to the cancer in these cell cultures and animals?
- What research has been done in humans? What has this research shown?
- Is there any research that’s shown that cannabis use increases the risk of cancer?
- In your cancer patients that used marijuana, did you notice any general trends in the progress of their cancer once they started taking cannabis? Did it cure their cancer? Did you see any tumors shrink? Did it prevent their cancer from getting worse?
- What are your thoughts on the testimonials out there claiming that marijuana cured their cancer?
- What message do you have for patients that delay or completely forgo conventional cancer treatment in hopes that marijuana will cure their cancer?
- Now what about this belief amongst patients that the chemo kills you before the cancer does?
- What are your thoughts on using medical marijuana in addition to chemotherapy? Has marijuana been shown to enhance or diminish the effect of chemotherapy medications?
I bet you’re itching to watch the video now. Go ahead and click the play button!
So, here’s are big picture take-aways from this discussion.
Ultimately, if you’re someone that’s just writing off conventional cancer treatment in hopes that cannabis is going to cure your cancer, you heard my opinion as a medical marijuana doctor and you heard Dr. Abrams opinion as a cancer doctor. You’re taking a huge gamble and with it come high stakes. It could potentially cost you your life.
Now, where medical marijuana is useful to cancer patients is in symptom relief. These include poor appetite, nausea and vomiting, pain, insomnia, anxiety, among other commonly experienced side effects of conventional cancer treatment.
And, of course, take the so-called testimonials you find on Google with a grain of salt. You’re either not getting the full scope of the information there or there may be an ulterior motive to push an underlying agenda. Take it from a medical marijuana doctor and a cancer doctor when they say that there’s just not information at this point to make the claim that cannabis cures cancer!